Department of Naval Architecture and Offshore Engineering was established in 2007, aspires to impart quality education to the students, train them to enrich their skills and attitude and make them competent and efficient for the maritime sector. The department offers PhD, M.E and B.E programs in Naval Architecture and Offshore Engineering. The department has a group of highly qualified and experienced faculties from both academia and industry. We provide solid foundation in wide range of Naval Architectural and offshore engineering aspects such as design, production, construction, structural and hydrodynamic engineering. The department has been constantly updating the curriculum and syllabus of the programs to meet the latest advances in shipping sector. We always set high standards to perform the activities for the benefit of student community in various areas of design and production of ships and offshore structures. Hundreds of our students are placed in various shipyards, marine industries and consultancy firms in India and abroad.
|Name of the Programme|
|B.E. Naval Architecture & Offshore Engineering with Minor Degree in Logistics Management|
|M.E. Naval Architecture & Offshore Engineering|
- First Deemed University in India to introduce specialized programme in BE Naval Architecture & Offshore Engineering.
- Mandatory software training for Design of Marine structures is provided to students.
- Bentley MAXSURF (Naval Architecture)
- SSI Ship Constructor Software (Detailed design)
- Siemens STARCCM+, Bentley MOSES (Hydrodynamics)
- Bentley SACS, DNV SESAM (Structural analysis of offshore structures)
- PRIMAVERA (Project Management)
- Manual ship design calculations & drawings - Hands on training on manual drawings on ships’ lines plan, GA, etc. for 5 Semesters.
- Mandatory Internship in industry for 2-4 weeks and major project work with industry for M.Tech and B.E. programme in their final years.
- Certification programme on Primavera P6 Project management software by Oracle and Infinity PMC.
- Industrial visit organized with various industries for students to get connected their theoretical and experimental understanding with real time applications.