The Department of Mechanical Engineering established in the year 2014.The Department caters to the requirements of all the Departments such as Marine Engineering, Nautical Science, Naval Architecture, Petroleum Engineering, Harbor Engineering, Electrical and Electronics Engineering. Essential Inputs have given to the students in both Theory and practice for all the Branches. Students are given hands-on experience to acquire the technical knowledge which forms part of their curriculum. Mechanical Engineering is the backbone of all branches specified.
|Name of the Programme|
|B.E. Mechanical Engineering with Minor Degree in Industrial Internet of Things (IIoT)|
|M.E Thermal and Fluid Engineering|
- Unique UG, PG courses with specialisation in Marine Engineering and Naval Architecture.
- The Departments have completed two funded projects, Published 76 articles in Journals and 40 articles in Conferences.
- Projects funded by Bharatiya Nabhikiya Vidyut Nigam Limited (BHAVINI), Government of India, Dept. of Atomic Energy, Kalpakkam. titled "Corrosion Studies of Concrete structures in Nuclear Island Connected building due to Saline Atmosphere" and "Corrosion Studies of PFBR JETTY Column Underwater, splash zone and above Water" executed during 2014 – 16 for a total value of 19.04 lakhs.
- The Department equipped with Good Laboratory facilities which include Fluid Mechanics Laboratory, Strength of materials, Laboratory, Refrigeration and air conditioning Laboratory, Engine Laboratory, Hydraulics & Pneumatics Laboratory and CAD Laboratory.
- The Department organizes Special Lectures, Seminars, Workshops, Conferences, Social activities and Extension activities for the benefit of the Students.
- The Department has signed MoUs with four organizations to conduct Employment enhancement programs.