1. National Assessment and Accreditation Council (NAAC): AMET is accredited by the National Assessment and Accreditation Council (NAAC) from 16th November 2015 to 15th November 2020 (B Grade with a CGPA of 2.42).
2. Comprehensive Inspection Programme (CIP): The Maritime Programmes of the University are Accredited by Directorate General of Shipping, Government of India, Mumbai through Comprehensive Inspection Programme carried out by Internationally Accredited Certification Body, Det Norske Veritas (Norway) – Germanischer Lloyd (Germany) - DNV-GL. AMET has been accredited with Grade A1 Outstanding in the CIP for the past FIVE consecutive years.
3. Performance Indicators in Maritime Education and Training (PIMET) by International Association of Maritime Universities (IAMU), Japan: The International Association of Maritime Universities headquartered at Tokyo, Japan has been conducting PIMET Ranking and listed AMET as one of the top SEVEN Maritime Institutions in the World for the past TWO consecutive years.
4. National Board of Accreditation (NBA): Three Departments in AMET have applied and permitted in the Pre-Qualifier Stage for the accreditation by National Board of Accreditation (NBA); As per NBA schedule, Self Assessment Report (SAR) Submission will be done during Sep 2020 (application ID 4592-11/02/2020; PQ approval Date 10-03-2020
List of Programs registered for NBA:
i. B.E Mechanical Engineering
ii. B.E Electrical and Electronics Engineering (Marine)
iii. M.B.A Shipping and Logistics Management
5. Scientific and Industrial Research Organization (SIRO): AMET Deemed to be University is recognized as a Scientific and Industrial Research Organization (SIRO) by the Department of Scientific and Industrial Research (DSIR), Government of India for the period 2019-2022.
6. Atal Ranking of Institutions on Innovation Achievement (ARIIA): AMET is categorized as 'Band B' institution (rank between 26-50) in category of 'University & Deemed to be University (Private-Self-Financed)' in Atal Ranking of Institutions on Innovation Achievement (ARIIA) 2020 announced on 18th August 2020.
7. AICTE Approval
8. MHRD Approval
9. CIP Approval
10. DGS Approval
|CRISIL as graded all DG Approved Programmes as Grade I - Excellent|
|Recipient of Sailor Today Award 2008|
|Our B.Sc Nautical Science cadet Joseman George with A.P. Moller has been adjudged the best cadet among all nationalities in the A.P. Moller fleet.|
|Outstanding achievements in regional Maritime Service Award from Sea Trade 2007
The Angolan cadet sponsored by Wallems - Cadet Carvalho Afonso has been adjusted the best Engineer by GCNS and has bagged the UK Marine Society Prize.