In collaboration with South Tyneside College,( UK) Approved by Maritime and Coastguard Agency (UK)
- 45 weeks at Academy of Maritime Education and Training (AMET)
- Academic training Advanced Diploma - Part 1
- 4 Basic STCW Programmes
- 45 weeks at South Tyneside College (STC), UK
- Assessment of Advanced Diploma part 1 academics
- Marine Navy Training Record Book (MNTB) skills for hand tools machining and welding incorporating engineering skills.
- Academic Training for Advanced Diploma Part 2
- MNTB Skills for hand tools Machining and Welding, Incorporating engineering skills.
Duration: 2 years
Age: Minimum 17 years
Educational Qualification: A pass in plus-two (12th standard) with Maths, Physics and Chemistry as subjects and minimum 50% marks in English language in 10th or 12th standard exam,from any recognized Board.
Medical Standard: Candidates should be physically fit for sea service under standard norms, with eye sight upto 6/12 in both eyes or 6/9 in better eye,6/18 in other eye and with no colour blindness. The candidate will have to appear in IELTS examination for english proficiency with minimum score of 5.5.
Boys and Girls are eligible to apply
Award of Advanced Diploma in Marine Engineering by SQA, U.K
- 6 months - Sea service (Record Book to be maintained)
- 4 weeks Advanced STCW Programmes AFF, PSC & RB, MFA to be arranged by individuals.
- 3 weeks - EOOW Examination Preparation Module
Boys and Girls are eligible to apply.
* Admission to this program does not guarantee placement onboard ship.