Admission Guidelines for Indian Nationals
(A) How to apply:
Candidates seeking admission for Under Graduate/Post Graduate/GME/ETO/Lateral Entry offered by AMET University to apply as follows:
- By obtaining the respective Application forms in-person against CASH PAYMENT/ DD (drawn in favor of ‘AMET University, Chennai’) for Rs.1000/- from the below location.
135, EAST COAST ROAD,
KANATHUR - 603112, INDIA.
TEL :044-27472155 /
044 - 32001447
CITY OFFICE ADDRESS
5107, H2, II AVENUE, ANNA NAGAR,
CHENNAI - 600 040
TEL: +91 – 44 26161180 / 26161026
MOBILE: 087545 99801
PATNA OFFICE ADDRESS
NO.402A, 4TH FLOOR, CAPITAL TOWER BLOCK “A”
FRASER ROAD,S.P. GANDHI MAIDEN,
PATNA - 800 001.
2. By downloading Application Form from website candidate can make online payment of Rs.1000/- through AMET University website. The completely filled Application Form along with online payment transaction receipt can be sent by courier/post to the Admission Office of the AMET University at Kanathur or City office at Anna Nagar.
3. By downloading Application Form from website candidate can draw the Demand Draft (in favour of Amet University, Chennai) of Rs. 1000/- and can be sent by post/courier either
to the Admission Office of the AMET University at Kanathur or City office at Anna Nagar.
Note: For Diploma & Certificate course Application Form Fees is Rs.500/-
Application Form Fees once paid shall not be refunded under any circumstances.
(B) Procedure to fill the Application Form
(C) Submission of Documents
- The Application should be complete in all respects. An incomplete Application or an Application filled in a language other than English will be summarily rejected.
- Do not scribble, smudge, tear or wrinkle the Application Form. Do not put any stray marks anywhere on the Application Form.
- Paste a good quality of recently taken passport size colour photograph and sign in the space provided for signature in black ball-point pen only. Photograph affixed in the Application Form need not be attested.
- Furnish your complete address for further communication by giving your name and PINCODE legibly in the space provided therefor. Please note that the address that you furnish in this column shall remain unchanged and shall be used for all future correspondences with you by the University. Please see that the postal address furnished by you shall remain within the box, without overlapping the space provided therefore.
- Ensure the correctness of your mailing address, PINCODE, e-mail, Telephone number with correct STD CODE and mobile No. if any. Please note that AMET shall not be answerable, if communications do not reach you due to incomplete or illegible address, e-mail and telephone number, furnished by the candidates themselves.
- You must quote your Application Number as reference in all your future correspondences.
- Applicants must submit the duly filled in Application Form either in Person/Post/Courier to the Admission Office of the AMET University at Kanathur or City office at Anna Nagar.
- You must retain the Hall Ticket (part of Application Form) for all your future references.
- Attested Photocopies of the relevant certificates and documents must be submitted along with Application Form (contact University for more details)
(D) Entrance Exam
(E) Selection Process
- The Entrance examination will be conducted through online mode at major cities in India.
- Entrance Examination, candidates seeking admission to the Under Graduate courses will be examined,
based on the syllabus prescribed for Higher Secondary courses in the subjects like Physics, Chemistry and
Mathematics syllabus plus English grammar, vocabulary and Logical & Analytical reasoning.
- The entrance exam for Under Graduate course will be based on Higher Secondary syllabus (Physics, Chemistry and
Mathematics)plus logical & analytical
- All India online Entrance examination will be held on 14th of may 2017 at the following center 1.DELHI, 2. MUMBAI, 3. KOLKATA, 4. COCHIN, 5. CALICUT, 6. TRIVANDRUM,
7. HYDERABAD, 8. VISAKAPATNAM, 9. BANGALORE, 10. MANGALORE , 11. AGRA, 12. MEERUT,
13. PATNA, 14. LUCKNOW, 15. ALLAHABAD, 16. BHUBANESWAR, 17. DEHRADUN, 18. CHANDIGARH, 19. ANDAMAN NICOBAR, 20, SHILLONG
- Tamil Nadu Online Entrance Examination will be conducted on May 20th & 21st, 2017 at AMET UNIVERSITY, Chennai followed by Medical screening & Personal Interview.
- The candidates for Under Graduate admission will be shortlisted by preparing a Rank list based on the marks obtained by the candidate in the Qualifying Examination together with the marks obtained by then in the Entrance Examination & Personal Interview
- Those short listed candidates(B.Sc-NS, B.E.ME, GME & ETO) as per ranking would be subjected to Medical Examination, which will be carried out by a team of Doctors appointed by the University from out of the panel of approved Doctors of the Directorate General of Shipping, Govt of India. The Medical Examination fee shall be Rs.1500/- and has to be borne by the candidates at the time of medical exam.
- Selected candidates list will bedisplayed on the University notice board once the selection process is duly completed. However selected candidates will be admitted to DG approved courses only subject to their medical fitness for specified courses, as prescribed by the Directorate General of Shipping. The medical examination is not applicable for B.E.NA, B.E.PE, B.E.HE & B.E.Mech
- Admission to Post Graduate courses shall be made through an Entrance Examination and the rank list for admission shall be prepared on the basis of the marks obtained by the candidate in the qualifying Undergraduate examination and in the Entrance Examinations followed with an interview and displayed on the Notice Board.
- Admission to the Diploma courses the rank list for admission shall be prepared on the basis of the marks obtained by the candidate in the qualifying 10th standard examination, and followed with an interview. The selected candidate list will be displayed on the Notice Board.
- The international Collaborative courses like HND-NS & HND-ME admission will be shortlisted by preparing a Rank list based on the marks obtained by the candidate in the Qualifying Examination together with the marks obtained by them in the Entrance Examination, Medical fitness & Personal Interview
(F) Payment of Fee
Selected candidates should pay a Partial fees 5 days from the date of publication of selection list and balance fees within 15 days. Payment to be made by DD/Online/Cash.
Note: Fee remittance in the form of Cheque payment shall not be accepted.
(G) General Information
Candidates / Parents should make their own arrangements for their stay at Chennai during the period of admission process.
(H) Refund Policy of the University
- In case, Candidates admitted to the various courses whose admission is found ineligible at a later stage due to one reason or other, the fee paid by the candidate shall be refunded after deducting a sum of Rs.7500/- being the Counseling and Processing charges of admission.
- Those candidates who got admission and paid fee, opt to withdraw the admission subsequently before the date of commencement of classes, the fee paid by them shall be refunded only after deducting of a sum of Rs.27,500/- (i.e. Admission and Registration fee of Rs.20,000 + Counseling and Processing fee of Rs.7500/-) from the total fee paid by such candidates.
- No refund of fee shall be made at any cost for the candidates who opt for withdrawal of admission, once the classes are commenced for the courses to which they got admitted.
- In all of the above cases, hostel and bus fees will not be refunded or adjusted with tuition fees under any circumstances.